Thursday, September 08, 2005

For All Those Who Feel Tired and Faint

I have spent much time following the events of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina on the TV. To experience such loss and devastation to lives and possessions is hard to imagine. Yet over and over again I hear that people have got through because of their faith. It is their faith that has sustained them through physical, mental and emotional trauma. Although there are many things we don't understand, it is in such times of dire need that God draws close and gives us comfort and strength that is unexplicable , except for Him.
We appreciate and say 'Thank you' to all the rescuers and volunteers who have so tireless given and give of their time, energy and resources to help in this crisis. Know that you have made an incredible difference for so many.
Yesterday I was listening to a song by Relient K which reminded me not only of the many Katrina victims, but also my own impossibilities that I am trusting God for. As you read these lyrics, join me in making them a prayer for all the Katrina victims, helpers, and all those who feel their world is crumbling .

For The Moments I Feel Faint

Lyrics Artist(Band):Relient K

Am I at the point of no improvement?
What of the death I still dwell in?
I try to excel, but I feel no movement.
Can I be free of this unreleasable sin?

[Chorus:]
Never underestimate my Jesus.
You're telling me that there's no hope.
I'm telling you your wrong.
Never underestimate my Jesus
When the world around you crumbles
He will be strong, He will be strong

I throw up my hands "Oh, the impossibilities"
Frustrated and tired
Where do I go from here?
Now I'm searching for the confidence I've lost so willingly
Overcoming these obstacles is overcoming my fear

[Chorus]
I think I can't, I think I can't
But I think you can, I think you can
I think I can't, I think I can't
But I think you can, I think you can
Gather my insufficiencies and place them in your hands, place them in your hands, place them in your hands

[Chorus](x2)

He will be strong (x3)

Father God
We pray right now for all those who are thinking -they can't. For all those whose world has crumbled and are feeling like they are losing their hope. We know we can't, but You, God, can!
Prove Yourself to us as we put our trust in You.
Help us not to underestimate the power of Jesus.
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home